Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

I have no JOY in this contract tonight (oldie but goodie)

ORIGINAL POST:
by Marivic Guevara on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 10:38am


SO, in light of the recent relationship status update (ENGAGED), I regret to inform all of you that it is FALSE. PLEASE KEEP reading though.
Shakespeare says it best through Juliet:

Juliet: "Although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract to-night. It is too rash, too unadvis'd, too sudden; Too like the lightning, which doth cease to be(125) Ere one can say ‘It lightens.’ Sweet, good night! This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. " Act 2. sc.2


Jay and I have known each other for about 12 years now (since I started Freshman year at UCI) and have been through thick and thin with our friendship and the relationships that we've both had (briefly with one another). We've had numerous conversations about life and partnerships and what it really means to MARRY your best friend and thought it would be great to be "ENGAGED" to each other since we share the same views. Neither of us intended to damage any of our relationships, especially our family but it may actually be the truth a few years down the line. We can truly say that we know each other inside and out, probably more than most of our relationships with other people but it does not negate the fact that we prematurely BROADCASTED our falsified statuses.

One day, this status update might actually be the truth but for now, we will joy in the fact that there is a possible partnership here. It may not be as far-fetched as we initially discussed. But after interviewing couples about marriage and almost finishing up my MARRIAGE or LACK Thereof play, I've come to the conclusion that marriage is the HARDEST job you'll have to do and in a world full of statistics and negativity going against the institution of MARRIAGE...you have to wonder. Is it worth it? I, personally think it is. Finding the right partner for LIFE (because DIVORCE will not be in the vocabulary spoken between us) is a mixture of God's plan and YOUR actions towards finding the right fit for YOU. AND yes, it may not work out and you may have to resort to a DIVORCE, but ultimately, as long as you're open to it (which I wasn't for the latter part of my life) GOOD things and the right person will come. (Learned that in my small group-scripture study last night)

APOLOGIES for alarming you guys and to my family, the right one is in the midst...so don't worry. I'll make sure you meet him BEFORE I broadcast it on FACEBOOK. PROMISE.

<3 all of you tremendously. Thanks in advanced for your forgiveness.

Stay tuned for the release of the play that I'm writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment