Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA (50 years as a nun)


This trip to CA is a quickie to pass the time between my Reunion voyage to Puerto Rico and the Bahamas and my trip to Corpus Christi, TX to see my fabulous Auntie Sor Paz. She has been an amazing example of how God works and I am excited to see her celebrate an amazing feat...FIFTY years as a nun. Can you imagine? There was, at one point, a chance for me to spend a summer in her convent when I was in my late teens but that ship has sailed. She was elated to invite me over for a summer even after I replied with, 
"But I've already had sex.." with her sincere response of, 
"That's okay, God forgives."
I mean. REALLY? How cool is she? She joined the convent when she was 19. She will be celebrating her 70th at the end of this month and I am proud to call her my AUNTIE. I, will also be auntie this summer. My 23 year old brother announced a couple of days ago that he and his gf of 5 years are expecting a child. Its fantastic news for me because it kinda takes the pressure off of me to be married and produce an offspring. According to my momma, I should've had my first child at 26, like SHE did but I decided to end my 3 year relationship with a pseudo-quasi fiance (we got matching rings) and moved to NYC. Yup. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.

Anyhoo, the direction that my life has taken has been nothing short of a diatribe between God and Science and I am grateful. I've learned so much about the world, my place in it and the people that are currently involved in my life since boarding the MV Explorer...I will catch up on all of THOSE adventures at another café, perhaps in yet another city.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment