Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Man Vs. Food buddy and me as a self-proclaimed foodie

So, I consider myself a foodie and I am lucky to have Adam Richman as one of my guides to the best spots in NY and other cities in the US to satisfy my mouth watering cravings. If you don't already, follow him on Twitter @AdamRichman or subscribe to the Travel Channel's YOUTUBE channel:
Travel Channel's Man Vs. Food

Adam and I used to ruminate about theatre and acting when I tended bar in the Slope at the new pub on the block called Cherry Tree Bar. This was 4 years ago. Since then, our conversation at the Barnes and Noble in Union square has turned into a nation-wide obsession with food and travel. LOVE IT! Adam is an inspiration and more importantly, a good friend.

I recently had a Dirty 30 FilthyPino brunch and cooked up a Filipino Food Feast. My mom is a great cook so I learned to cook by helping her out in the kitchen and watching her make magic under fire. The menu consisted of pansit, lumpia shanghai, chicken adobo, sapin sapin, bibingka, halo-halo, longanisa, tocino and rice. I know. I went a little overboard but it was delish and it really made me miss home and my mom's cooking.
Anyhoo, if you love food and have recommendations in your city, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will record myself at that establishment and post it on here. I have traveled the world and have an iron stomach so bring on the weird, textured, hard to pronounce, saucy, gooey, buttery goodness and challenge me to eat it. *WARNING* Must be a legit place of business (preferably with an 'A' rating, ok. I'll settle for a 'B' rating as well) GRaciaS everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment