Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

SAS reunion kickoff with photographer Noah KALINA



My one day a week at Alias is proving to be a good investment of my time. I promised myself that I would never go back to the restaurant/bar industry but the cost of living in NYC keeps rising while I remain in the unpredictable world of freelance. My stubbornness really gets the best of me sometimes and I had to swallow my pride and find a way to make some extra cash in order to tag-team sponsor a child I met in Uganda. Sunday's brunch shift was extra special because I ended up serving a fellow SASer
who was in time.com's top 50 most watched YOUTUBE videos. His 6 year photo-journal of himself has been viewed over 17 million times and imitated by all walks of life. I cannot believe it's been almost 10 years since we sailed the open seas but he is an absolute inspiration to keep up with your passion and to retain that travel bug. He was excited to tell me, over his medium-rare steak and scrambled eggs, about an upcoming job in Shanghai. I told him that I would be back on the ship next month for the reunion voyage sailing from Nassau to San Juan and that I would check out his infamous video. After my shift, I proceeded uptown to be at church and listened with undivided attention to the 3rd part of our Giving Birth to Life series.
Conversing with Noah and hearing the message that Brian delivered put things in perspective once again and solidified my decision to book the reunion voyage and see the world encore fois. High 5 Universe! You've done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment